Any time of year is a great time to check out the shops in Hendricks County that put handcrafted items in the spotlight and provide inspiration for your own craftiness. Items from skilled artisans make beautiful gifts or compliment your own style.
Hendricks County is a hot spot for shoppers looking for that something special that is handmade by a local artisan or curated by a local shopkeeper.
Most of these shops can be found along the Rural Routes to Main Street Cultural Trail, which is a self-directed driving tour that has other options including restaurants, wineries and other cultural destinations in Hendricks and Morgan counties.
- Nomad Yarns (218 E. Main St., Plainfield) is home to a large and colorful collection of yarn and handmade items. This shop is a can't-miss for those who love to knit, crochet and spin, or appreciate beautiful things.
- Frazee Gardens (3480 N. State Road 267, Brownsburg) has a colorful collection of garden decor and gifts for the gardener or plant enthusiast. They even have a section of unique, local handmade items that you need to ask about when you arrive. Trust me, you'll find plenty of items to bring outdoor beauty into your home.
- Jane's on the Square (65 W. Marion St., Danville) is the kind of place you just can't leave without buying something. Handmade accessories and gift items are plentiful in this upscale, second-hand clothing boutique.
- Confection Delights (57 S. Washington St. Danville) is a favorite stop for many shoppers. Edible art in the form of chocolate and local food gift baskets are the perfect souvenir for yourself or gift for a loved one from your time in Hendricks County.
- FROGS Fossil Rock or Gemstone Store (108 W. Main St., Pittsboro) has a large collection of stones and rocks for sale along with beautiful jewelry made in store with gemstones. FROGS has one-of-a-kind jewelry pieces you won't find anywhere else.
- Finer Things (1032 E. Main St., Brownsburg) houses a large collection of original art and gift items created by local artists. With everything from food products to clothing, sculptures to music and everything in between, you're certain to fall in love with many items to add to your collections.