Over the weekend of May 20-22, Hendricks County will be home to the annual Mayberry in the Midwest festival, bringing families and fans of The Andy Griffith Show to Danville for some good old-fashioned wholesomeness and fun. You can read my preview of the entire festival by clicking here.
But today, I want to share insider information about an amazing event that kicks off this festival every year. An event with limited tickets and limited access (though we have two tickets to give away free to one lucky reader...more on that below).
On Friday, May 20 from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Hendricks County 4-H Fairgrounds and Conference Complex, fans of the show will have the opportunity to sit down for a delicious meal and an evening with Maggie Peterson, who played Charlene Darling on The Andy Griffith Show, as well as the tribute artists who play the Mayberry Deputy, Otis, Floyd, Gomer, Goober, Howard, Ernest T. Bass, Briscoe Darling and Mayor Pike during the Mayberry in the Midwest Meet-and-Greet.
Mayberry in the Midwest Meet and Greet
- Friday, May 20, 2016
- 6 to 9 p.m.
- Hendricks County 4-H Fairgrounds and Conference Complex, 1900 E. Main Street, Danville, Indiana
- $25 per person
- $300 VIP package provides six tickets, plus dinner with Maggie Peterson or one of the tribute artists
- Purchase tickets by clicking here
- Mayberry in the Midwest website
- Mayberry in the Midwest on Facebook