Do you like chocolate? Of course you do! Well, you'll probably be happy to learn that the 6th Annual Danville Chocolate Walk begins Feb. 1 and runs every day through Feb. 14 in Downtown Danville, right in the heart of Hendricks County.
If you've never been to the Danville Chocolate Walk, it's a lot of fun. It's a self-guided activity over the first two weeks in February that takes participants around to several local businesses for chocolate-themed displays and, if you're lucky, free chocolate samples! It also gives people a chance to do some Valentine's Day shopping and find the perfect gifts for the sweetheart in your life.
If you have been to the Danville Chocolate Walk before, this year has a little different twist to it: multiple prizes! I'll get to that in a moment.
Here's how the event works. You go to any of the participating businesses in Downtown Danville during their normal business hours and pick up a Chocolate Walk passport while you're there. Be sure to take a look around the store or have a meal at the restaurant and talk to the employees there about what they have to offer for Valentine's Day and beyond.
Then find their Chocolate Walk display -- some of which will include free chocolate samples -- and get your passport stamped.
Visit eight or more of these participating locations over the two-week period, and then turn in your passport to whichever business is your final stop. Completed passports will be entered in a drawing to win a prize!
I spoke with event coordinator Pamela Powell-Warden of Confection Delights in Danville, and she told me that this year they're offering multiple prizes instead of one big prize to spread the wealth. So there will be more prize winners this year than in years past!
Pamela also gave me a tip on additional ways to increase your chances of winning:
- Make a purchase at one of the participating businesses to get an additional entry.
- Take a selfie while you're participating in the Danville Chocolate Walk, post in on social media, and use #DanvilleChocolateWalk, and you'll get another entry.
Each participating business in the Danville Chocolate Walk will have a country they will feature in their display and/or chocolate treats. Some of the countries represented include Switzerland, Germany, Israel, France, Australia and the United States. So, your passport should have an international look to it when you're all done.
Wondering who is participating in this year's Danville Chocolate Walk? I'm so glad you asked.
- 55 E. Main St.
- Open 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., Mondays through Fridays; 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturdays; and 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sundays.
- 68 S. Jefferson St.
- Open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Tuesdays through Fridays; and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays
- Facebook page
- BONUS! Check out this recent Visit Hendricks County blog post about Blush Boutique by Stephanie Porter!
- 46 S. Tennessee St.
- Open Tuesdays through Saturdays, 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- 57 S. Washington St.
- Open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesdays through Fridays; and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays
- 65 S. Washington St.
- Open 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Mondays through Thursdays; and 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays
Danville Public Library
- 101 S. Indiana St.
- Open 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., Mondays through Thursdays; 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays; and 2 to 5 p.m. on Sundays
- 51 S. Washington St.
- Open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Wednesdays and Thursdays; and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays
- 78 W. Main St.
- Open 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., Sundays through Thursdays; and 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays
- 51 W. Marion St.
- Open 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Mondays; and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Tuesdays through Fridays
- Facebook page
Smokey Fireside Creations
- 72 S. Jefferson St.
- Open 4:30 to 8 p.m., Mondays through Fridays; and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturdays
- 71 S. Washington St.
- Open 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesdays through Saturdays
- Facebook page
Take a little trip around the world right here in Downtown Danville, explore some new and well-established businesses, do some Valentine's Day shopping, score some free chocolate and win some prizes during the 6th Annual Danville Chocolate Walk from Feb. 1 through 14!
Danville Chocolate Walk: What You Need To Know
- Feb. 1 through Feb. 14, 2017
- Visit Downtown Danville businesses listed above during their normal business hours
- Start at any participating business
- Visit 8 or more to be entered to win a prize
- Multiple prizes this year
- Leave completed passport at any participating business
- Increase your chances of winning a prize by making a purchase at a participating business
- Increase your chances of winning a prize by taking a selfie along the way and posting it on social media with the #DanvilleChocolateWalk hashtag
- Danville Chocolate Walk Facebook page