- Tap Into Your Natural Side - Take a trip to one of Hendricks County's most beautiful parks McCloud Nature Park for Maple Sirup Days this Saturday, March 2. Try your hand at tapping a tree, become one with nature and even enjoy a pancake feast all for free. Best of all, that amazing price leaves you with $25 to treat your sweetie to a great lunch. I recommend nearby Perillo's Pizzeria in North Salem, Indiana, for some authentic Italian food. After lunch, be sure to take a stroll through historic downtown North Salem. This quaint town has some neat, little shops to look through.
- Enjoy Some Live Music - Remember the days of going out and listening to a band? Those days don't have to be gone! The historic Royal Theater in Danville is now offering regular live concerts at their downtown Danville location for just $10 a ticket! March's concert offering features the Dugan Brothers Band from Columbus, Indiana. The show at 7:30 p.m., March 7 promises to be a good time with rich and abundant acoustic/Americana music. The Royal Theater even offers special brews and wines from local brewery Black Swan Brewpub.
- Become an Artist for a Day - A new experience always makes a date fun. So, why not try your hand at making some art, bowls that is. Visit Finer Things in Brownsburg March 9 for a hands-on demonstration with visiting artist Amy Ellett. Amy will demonstrate how to make beautiful bowls out of just scraps.
- Lunch, Wine & Music - Saturdays are the perfect day to kick back and relax and nothing sounds more relaxing than a trip to Chateau Thomas Winery in Plainfield for lunch with some live music. Now through April every Saturday the winery is offering a limited lunch menu from noon-4 p.m. and music from 2-4 p.m. Take your date to somewhere unique and relaxing!
- Go on a Treasure Hunt - What could be more fun than going on a date with your sweetie and looking for hidden treasure? Geocaching is the newest cool thing to do. I've never tried it but heard it really is a blast. Well on March 9, you can find out for yourself at Ellis O'Leary's Pot of Gold search at Ellis Park in Danville. Treasure hunters will navigate their way throughout Ellis Park and Downtown Danville deciphering clues and coordinates to find the treasure. This event is free and open to the public! While your out and about searching through Downtown Danville for clues, why not stop by The Bread Basket Cafe & Bakery in Danville for a delicious piece of pie?
- A Day with the Dogs - How about a fun date with your furry four-legged friend? Join the Hendricks County Humane Society for the Dogtona Dog Show. This fun event features events for you and your dog with games for your dog to play, raffle prizes, info booths, a massage therapist, photographer and much more. This event takes place from 11 a.m.-4 p.m., March 16 at the Hendricks County 4-H Fairgrounds & Conference Complex. Cost is just $5 a dog. While in Danville, why not stop by the Beehive and grab one of their delicious hot beverages or the Porch for some tea?
- A Night at the Theater - Hendricks County is home to a wonderful civic theater. A night at the theater is a great way to spruce up your date. Join the Hendricks Civic Theatre for "Moon Over the Brewery" playing March 23 & 24. This show at the Longstreet Playhouse is just $12 a ticket for adults. Reservations are recommended.
- Go Out and Jam - If you're looking for a rockin' date, I would suggest the Danville Jam every Thursday night at the Train Station in Ellis Park for some great live music. This free event features great live, local talent. The third Thursday features 50's & 60's rock and roll. Complete this date with a romantic dinner at Frank's Place on the Hendricks County Courthouse Square.
- Time to Fly - Really shake things up and take your date to do something out of the ordinary with a trip to Sky Zone in Plainfield. For just $9 a person you can get a jump pass good for 30 minutes at this fun trampoline jump park. Trust me 30 minutes is probably plenty of time for you to enjoy yourself while getting a really good workout. Be sure to bring your camera; this is a date you will want to capture!
- Dream Big - It's always fun to share your dreams with the one you love. Make plans now to head to the Hendricks County Home & Garden Show on March 22 & 23 at the Hendricks County 4-H Fairgrounds and Conference Complex. Enjoy great exhibits. Food is available and all proceeds benefit Sheltering Wings, a local shelter for battered women. This event runs from noon-9 p.m. on Friday and 9 a.m.-6 p.m. on Saturday.
10 Great Hendricks County Dates Under $25
Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:00 PM by Ericka Bethel