- Artistic Designs Gallery – Filled with original works of art from national and international artists, this Brownsburg gallery focuses on artwork inspired by nature. They also provide regular workshops and demonstrations as well as complimentary art consultations and custom-framing services.
- Bread Basket Bakery & Café – This local eatery recently combined its two locations in Coatesville and Danville into one main location in Danville. This cozy locale specializes in handcrafted breads, soups, salads, sandwiches and desserts made from locally and organically grown produce when possible.
- Cass & Company Salon – This Avon attraction has adopted the slogan “Your Best Experience of the Day,” and they have the goods to back it up. From hair and facial waxing to manicures and deep-tissue massages, they have everything to meet your beauty and pampering needs.
- Confection Delights – Just opened north of the Square in Danville, this locally-owned candy store specializes in custom gourmet chocolates that can be personalized for a special event, corporate recognition or simply personal enjoyment.
- Evans Whispering Pines Christmas Tree Farm – On a sprawling 53 acres in rural Danville, this family farm turns into a full-service, choose-and-cut Christmas tree farm this time of year. The farm also has a large wholesale wreath department.
- Frazee Gardens – This Brownsburg plant and gift shop can meet all your landscaping needs. But that’s not all, they also have work from local artisans for sale as well as a regular workshops and musical entertainment.
- Gallery on the Square – Located on Danville’s Historic Downtown Square, Hendricks County’s first cooperative art gallery has a diverse selection of artwork and other craft items. They also offer regular classes for both adults and children.
- Garden Gate Gift and Flower Shoppe – This North Salem original boasts a little bit for everyone with one-of-a-kind gifts, handcrafted jewelry, collectibles and more.
- Gear Up Cyclery – This unique Downtown Plainfield bicycle shop pledges to promote the cycling lifestyle and backs it up with quality products and service. They also offer clothing, accessories and bicycle repair in a fun and inviting store.
- Grandpa Jones’ Popcorn and Candy Shoppe – Return to that nostaligic old-fashioned candy shop atmosphere with a trip to this Avon favorite. Popcorn balls, chocolates and other goodies are available to satisfy every sweet tooth.
- Indy West Harley-Davidson - The largest Harley-Davidson dealer in Central Indiana, this Plainfield location provides the best selection of new and used Harley motorcycles and genuine Harley-Davidson parts and accessories. IndyWest also is the only authorized Harley-Davidson Rental location in Central Indiana.
- Nomad Yarns – Housed in a historic Plainfield home, thise quaint shop offers regular classes in knitting, crocheting and spinning techniques as well as a vast array of yarns and other locally produced fibers.
- Wilbur’s Lincolnwood Toy Store – Featuring toys with social, educational and therapeutic value, this Brownsburg store has something to interest every child.
Cookie Trail filled with tasty recipes, fun attractions
Friday, November 18, 2011 10:00 PM by Josh Duke
Ginger snaps, peanut butter balls and festive sugar cookies have become holiday staples that I and many others have come to expect this time of year. In many households, these holiday cookie recipes are not only expected to be on the dessert table but are passed from generation to generation. In the spirit of that tradition, the Hendricks County Convention and Visitors Bureau has once again developed a Cookie Trail during this year’s Hendricks County HollyDays to reveal some of those favorite cookie recipes from well-known Hendricks County residents. The Cookie Trail is a driving tour where participants can obtain unique cookie recipes submitted by an Olympian, meteorologist, race car driver, TV personality, chef and artist, among others. But this Cookie Trail scavenger hunt of sorts is not all about the recipes. While you're there, make sure you check out what each Cookie Trail location has to offer for the holidays. You might be surprised by what you find. This year’s much-anticipated Cookie Trail sites include: