- The community parade at 10 a.m. Saturday beginning at Plainfield Community Middle School.
- The arts and crafts community booths from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday on the Plainfield Friends Meeting Church grounds. The church will also serve food beginning at 10:30 a.m.
- A car show from noon until 5 p.m., Saturday on the church grounds.
- Historical walking tours at various times Friday and Saturday throughout the downtown area.
- Radio Disney's appearance from noon-1:30 p.m. on Saturday at the Al and Jan Barker Sports Complex.
- “Plainfield’s Got Talent” talent show at 2 p.m. Saturday at the Al and Jan Barker Sports Complex.
- “Teddy B and the Disciples of Soul” concert from 7-9 p.m. Saturday at the Al and Jan Barker Sports Complex.
Help celebrate Quaker Day in Plainfield, Ind., Sept. 21-22
Monday, September 10, 2012 10:02 AM by Ericka Bethel
What started years ago at the Plainfield Friends Meeting Church as the small annual "Church Mouse" sale has grown into one of the largest community festivals in central Indiana. The Plainfield, Ind., community is once again preparing for it's annual Quaker Day Festival, an annual event celebrating its heritage. This is a wonderful, free family event in Hendricks County, and with more events planned this year than ever before, you will not want to miss out! This year's Quaker Day Festival will be held from 4-9 p.m. this Friday, Sept. 21 and noon-9 p.m. the following day and will include carnival rides, entertainment, hot-air balloon rides on Friday evening, food and vendor booths and more at various locations throughout town. From an insider's perspective, here are a few free activities I would suggest not missing: