I used to primarily go to the mall or department stores to buy clothes, but in the past few years I've really started to enjoy shopping at local boutiques when I am in need of a cute outfit.
It always feels good to support a local business, plus the clothes at the local boutiques in Hendricks County always seem to be reasonably priced and on trend.
If you haven't had a chance to check out the many boutiques in the county, this year's Hendricks County Boutique Crawl provides an awesome opportunity.
What you need to know
- Flyers for the event must be picked up at one of the participating boutiques between Monday, Sept. 11 and Thursday, Sept. 14.
- Anyone with a flyer will get 20% off their total purchase during the crawl Sept. 15-17 with some exclusions.
- The flyer will include some special discounts at participating restaurants to use on the customer's shopping day.
- Shoppers will receive one ticket at each boutique to enter a drawing.
- Shoppers will receive an additional ticket for each $25 spent.
- 20 prizes will be awarded with each valued at $50.
- Brick & Belle and Caroline's Boutique (boutiques on wheels), will be located at 1022 E. Main St., Brownsburg, 5 p.m.-8 p.m., and Frazee Gardens Saturday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., and Sunday, noon-4 p.m.
- Ella Mae's Boutique, 19 N. Green St., Brownsburg.
- Frazee Gardens, 3480 N. Ind. 267, Brownsburg.
- Michele's, 600 W. Northfield Drive, Suite 2060, Brownsburg.
- Seize The Night Designs, 51 W. Marion St., Danville.
- Sweet M's Boutique, 302 N. Dan Jones Road, Plainfield.
- Sweet M's Boutique Too, 111 S. Vine St., Plainfield.
- Tiffany's Boutique, 10834 E. U.S. Highway 36, Avon.
- Younique Culture, 2481 E. Main St., Suite 170, Plainfield.