Halloween is right around the corner, and Hendricks County is full of options for family-friendly fun. There are many great events that are designed to be safe and enjoyable for kids of all ages.
We've put together this list of the best family Halloween activities around Hendricks County, so no matter where you're from, you'll be able to find the perfect place to celebrate.
Saturday, Oct. 25
- Bierman ABA Autism Center and Hendricks Regional Health Trunk-or-Treat, 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m., 301 Sartori Parkway, FREE.
- Ghosts and Goblins Halloween Event at Washington Township Park, 4-7 p.m., 115 S. County Road 575 E. FREE.
- Haunted Hargrave Hall, 5-6:45 p.m. lights on, 7-11 p.m. lights off, 49 N. Wayne St., $5 per person.
- Trick-or-Treat at the DAC, 5-6:45 p.m., 49 N. Wayne St., FREE.
- Sat-Terror-Day at the Plainfield Recreation Center, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., 651 Vestal Road, FREE.
Sunday, Oct. 26
- Halloween Happenings Family Fun Day at Natural Valley Ranch, 2-5 p.m., 6310 E. County Road 350 N., $35 per family (up to 6 people) and $5 for each additional person.
Tuesday, Oct. 28
- Trick-or-Treat at Trine University, 5-7 p.m., 7508 Beachwood Centre Road, FREE.
- Trunk-or-Treat at Avon High School, 5-7 p.m., 7575 E. County Road 150 S., $5. donation.
Friday, Oct. 31
- Haunted Police Station, 6-9 p.m., 31 N. Green St., FREE.
- Halloween Reading of The Headless Horseman, 7:30 p.m., Downtown Coatesville, FREE.
- Town of North Salem Trick-or-Treat, 6-8 p.m., FREE - Glow sticks available at the police car.
I'm sure I didn't cover every Halloween activity countywide. If you have one coming up that I missed and you want to publicize, feel free to add it in the comments section below.