Outdoor concerts are one of my absolute favorite things about summer.
There's just something about summer nights that seems to go perfectly with live music. All I need is a lawn chair, beautiful surroundings and some good music to be content on a warm evening.
There's great live music of all kinds happening all over Hendricks County this summer. You can find everything from classical to country to rock, performed in our beautiful parks and town squares. Here's a list of upcoming concerts, so you can find the outdoor summer music event near you:
- 7 p.m., June 19
- Washington Township Park Amphitheater
This concert features popular Indianapolis band Toy Factory. Bring your blankets and lawn chairs, and don't forget cash to purchase food grilled by the Avon American Legion 145 and beers from 3 Pints.
- 7 p.m., July 16 & Aug. 20 and 5 p.m., June 28 and Aug. 9
- Arbuckle Acres Park
Held both Thursdays and Sundays throughout the summer, the series opened last week with Levi Riggs. Other performances this summer will include My Yellow Rickshaw, Cook & Belle, The Flying Toasters and Blue River Band.
**Special note: The June 28 performance will be on the lawn in front of Town Hall instead of the park.
- 7:30 p.m., June 20, July 18, Aug. 15 and Sept. 19
- Courthouse Square
- $5 for ages 21 and older, under 21 are free
- 8 p.m., July 9
- Ellis Park
- $18 in advance, $20 day of the event.
- 6:30 p.m., July 31
- Danville Music Palace (1225 W CR 100 S)
- $10, children under 12 are free
- 6:30 p.m., July 18 and Aug. 22
- Hummel Park
- 7 p.m. every Friday through Sept. 25
- Chateau Thomas Winery