One of the biggest and best holiday craft sales is returning to Plainfield in December. The Plainfied Tri Kappa Gingerbread Christmas Fine Arts and Crafts Show is a Hendricks County tradition, and it's also a great place to find unique, handmade holiday gifts.
This year's show is the 44th annual Gingerbread Christmas, and the event has endured because of it's dedication to showcasing only the finest handmade items. The show will welcome over 130 vendors. Each vendor is carefully scrutinized by the show's organizers making this a highly anticipated shopping event in Hendricks County and the Central Indiana region.
What can you find at Gingerbread Christmas? When I attended for the first time, I was overwhelmed by all of the items available. You'll see everything from handmade jewelry to wooden toys, knitted sweaters, doll clothes and even homemade dog treats! You may think that a "craft show" isn't for you, but this event truly has something for everyone. It's a great way to knock out all of your shopping in one day.
Are you planning on shopping the Gingerbread Christmas show this year? Here are my tips for a great shopping experience:
- Leave the kids at home. The sale will be full of people, and there will be fragile items there that are best kept away from little hands.
- Come early to get the best selection.
- Bring your own shopping bags to carry all of your purchases.
- Bring extra cash to grab some tasty refreshments once your shopping is done.
- When: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Dec. 5.
- Where: Plainfield High School Field House, 1 Red Pride Drive
- Admission: $3
- Parking: Free