Discounted ticketsDon’t miss out! As an All Access Hendricks County reader, you can even get your tickets today $5 cheaper than at the box office, just by clicking here! Things to make sure you bring to the track:
- Sunscreen – Being a lobster hurts. And then you peel. Gross.
- Ear protection – Little soft foam plugs that go into your ears are perfect. They’re cheap and essential, especially for kids. Without them, you won’t be able to hear anything for days afterwards.
- Eye protection – Debris such as little rubber “marbles” — bits of tires — can come flying into the stands at over 100 mph, depending on where you sit. I had a lens broken out of my sunglasses by a marble once. You don’t want one hitting your eyeball directly.
- Seat cushions – Your hindquarters will thank you.
- A blanket – It may be warm during the day, but it can get chilly when the sun goes down, especially with those cars whipping the air all around.