- What, When & Where: Brownsburg Farmers Market (sponsored by IU Health West) 4:30 -7:30 p.m. Thursdays through Sept. 5, at Brownsburg Town Hall, 61 N. Green St.
- Family-friendly: Of course, this is a popular event for families.
- Dog-friendly: Yes! My dog Louis missed seeing several dogs. There's even a vendor who sells dog treats. I'm bringing Louis with me this week. He'll have a blast.
- What’s there: More than 20 vendors with everything from baked goods and produce to bonsai plants and jewelry. Did I mention kettle corn? It’s there too!
- Want to know more about the vendors? Check here for the list of regular vendors.
- What I liked: You’ll find inexpensive produce (I left with peppers, cucumbers and Indiana tomatoes), baked goods, meats, savory goods, homemade items (candles, jewelry, other arts). I especially loved the made-to-order lemon shake-up and the bag of homemade BBQ pork rinds (so addictive)
- Parking: Close parking available.
- Stroller and wheelchair accessible: Yes, there are sidewalks for those with strollers or for those with limited mobility.
Insider Experiences the Brownsburg Farmers Market
Monday, July 29, 2013 11:49 PM by Aimee MacArthur
I’m a bit of a farmers market addict. I like to visit as many markets as I can during the summer. It’s a fun time to walk around, speak with vendors, buy produce, homemade goods (breads, cupcakes, frozen casseroles, honey, pasta, pies) and other items and get a bit of cooking inspiration. My most recent exploration led me to the Brownsburg Farmers Market. Although I had been to several of the Hendricks County farmers markets, I had never visited Brownsburg's Thursday night market. A coworker of mine who lives in Brownsburg and who is a regular farmers market attendee, told me she really enjoys the market and I needed to go. The Brownsburg Farmers Market is held from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. every Thursday. For those who may have regular weekend obligations, the Thursday night market provides a perfect option. Grab your friends and family, meet up at the market and then go out for a bite to eat afterward. Sounds like a fun evening right? Don't miss an opportunity to attend the Brownsburg Farmers Market every Thursday evening (through September 5). Hope to see you there this week! Details