- Free carriage rides on Friday from 6-9 p.m.
- Lighting of the town’s tree at 6 p.m. on Friday.
- Live nativity at the United Methodist Church Friday from 6:30-8 p.m.
- Chili cookoff Saturday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Carolers and refreshments throughout town.
North Salem Old Fashion Christmas, Dec. 7-8
Posted on November 30, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Carriage Rides. Carolers. And if the stars align, big, fluffy snowflakes falling gently from the sky. Sounds like a perfect holiday trip down memory lane. North Salem is a small town in northwest Hendricks County that has embraced its history, restoring historic buildings and hosting two old-fashioned events each year. On Dec. 7 and 8, the town will host the North Salem Old Fashion Christmas. If you enjoy a little nostalgia—or if you want the little ones in your life to know what a more laid-back Christmas was like—then you’ll definitely want to head to North Salem for this event. Not only will the local merchants be open during the festival, but you can find craft booths in the community building on Friday evening from 5-8 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Other special features of the festival include: