We have some really talented folks here in Hendricks County and luckily, there are some amazing businesses and organizations that help cultivate and showcase it. Play'nfield in the Park - a super fun, free performing arts festival - is the perfect chance to take in all the talent while enjoying a day in the park.
Here are the details...
When, Where and What
All the fun begins at 2 p.m. Saturday, July 29. The town of Plainfield, along with several local sponsors, will host this performing arts festival at Hummel Park in Plainfield. Here, the whole family will enjoy a day full of entertainment, yummy grub and plenty for the littles to do. Summer fun at its finest.
Performances and Fun
- Music, dancing and top-notch theater productions - all in the beautiful park.
- Live music - including a variety of genres - will be presented by bands from The Launch Pad. Catch these young, talented musicians on the main stage from 2-4 p.m.
- The Children's Ballet will present several beautiful pieces from 4-5 p.m. Admittedly, I'm a bit biased - as my daughter will be performing - but this exceptional ballet school and their dancers put on quite the show. You don't want to miss it.
- The Biz Academy of Music Theater will fill the stage with the finest of young performers from 5-6 p.m. Prepare to be swept up in the story and in awe of their acting, singing and dancing.
- Hendricks Civic Theater will present their rendition of the comedic play "Twentieth Century" in the Amphitheater at 7 p.m. This special performance is sure to impress all that attend.
Additionally, you'll find lots of activities and fun for the littles in the Kid Zone from 2-7 p.m. Face painting, carnival games, crafts and more. Catch a puppet show at 2 p.m. This is also a great opportunity to stop and talk to the organizations you'll see performing. The Children's Ballet and The Biz will have lots of information available for your own young artists.
Food and Drinks
While this awesome festival is offered free of charge, you'll want to bring some cash for the eats and beverages. Delicious festival fare will be available via food trucks. You can purchase some great wine from Chateau Thomas Winery and get the best craft beer from Brew Link Brewery, which if you follow any of my posts, you know I'm a fan.
Grab a blanket and your favorite people and head to Play'nfield in the Park for a full day of entertainment, arts and fun.
Get more details about Play'nfield in the Park on Facebook.