If you haven't had an opportunity to check out some of the great shops in Hendricks County, Shop Small Saturday on Nov. 25 is an excellent day to do so.
Many small businesses and organizations in Hendricks County have teamed up to provide shoppers with special incentives to drop in on Shop Small Saturday.
Brownsburg Shop Small Passport
The Town of Brownsburg and Brownsburg Chamber of Commerce are inviting shoppers to to start their Small Business Saturday starting at 9 a.m. Nov. 25 at a welcome station in the Brownsburg Town Hall lobby, 61 N. Green St. Complimentary hot coffee and donuts will be provided, and participants can also get a Shop Small canvas tote.
Shopping passports will also be available. Get a stamp at each participating business for a chance to win a grand prize made up of merchandise and gift certificates from the participating businesses.
Stores participating in this event include:
- Nelson Jewelers, 22 E. Main St.
- Core Threads Boutique, 311 E. Main St.
- Premier Arms, 417 E. Main St.
- Queen B’s Boutique, 533B E. Main St.
- The Hayloft, 1016 E. Main. St.
- Ella Mae's Boutique, 19 N. Green St.
- BB Consign and Design, 26 S. Green St.
- Brownsburg Flower Shop, 121 Copeland Ave.
- Queen Anne’s Lace, 680 E. 56th St.
- Stout’s Footwear, 1430 N. Green St.
- iTek Phone Repair, 1430 N. Green St.
- Michele's Boutique and Gifts, 600 W. Northfield Drive
- Manscapes, 600 W. Northfield Drive
- Frazee Gardens, 3480 S. State Route 267
As a Hendricks County Insider, my advice is this: make sure while you're in Brownsburg to stop at The Hayloft and treat yourself to a cupcake. They are out-of-this-world good. The Hayloft's owner also told me they will give a 10 percent discount to those participating in the shop small passport event. The Hayloft will also have a hot chocolate bar and will set up a pop-up thrift shop next door to benefit a local animal shelter.
Shop Small Bus Trip
If you want to kick back, relax and let someone else chauffeur you around to different shops in Hendricks County, act quickly to snag a ticket for the Shop Small Bus Trip Nov. 25 starting at 8 a.m.
Tickets for the bus trip are $25 and can be purchased at Michele's Boutique in Brownsburg or Sweet M's Boutique in Plainfield.
Participants will receive a swag bag, light breakfast, lunch, drinks and a chance to win prizes. Stops include Brick & Belle, Sweet M's Boutique, Tiffany's Boutique, Caroline's Boutique, Ella Mae's Boutique, Frazee Gardens, Younique Culture, Core Threads, Shabby Rack, Michele's Boutique and the Danville Shops on the Square.
Danville Shops on the Square special promotions
Many shops on the Hendricks County Courthouse Square in Danville will open at 9 a.m. for Shop Small Saturday, and several will have special offers and discounts. Some shops offer special promotions include the following:
- The Locker Room will offer 20 percent off all purchases, excluding letter jackets.
- Danville Florist & Gifts will host a holiday open house from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. and will offer 20 percent off on many items.
- Seiize the Night Designs will host a reclaim and rethread pop-up shop and will also offer several discounts and specials.
- Taylor Sportswear will have a buy one get one free rack, 20 percent off rack and 50 percent off rack.
- Forget Me Nots will offer 10 percent off your purchase and 20 percent off Christmas items.
For an updated list of promotions, check the Facebook event page for more information.
With all of these deals, I hope you (and I) will be able to finish a lot of our Christmas shopping on Shop Small Saturday. Happy Shopping!