If you haven't had an opportunity to check out some of the great shops in Hendricks County, Indiana, Shop Small Saturday on Nov. 24 is an excellent day to do so.
Many small businesses and organizations have teamed up to provide shoppers with special incentives to drop in on Shop Small Saturday.
Brownsburg Shop Small Passport
The Town of Brownsburg and Brownsburg Chamber of Commerce are inviting shoppers to start their Small Business Saturday at a participating local dining establishment on Nov. 24 where you can pick up a Shop Small canvas tote bag and passport.
Learn about and take advantage of various specials and sales throughout the day. You can also get a stamp at each participating business for a chance to win a grand prize made up of merchandise and gift certificates from the participating businesses.
The entire list of stores hasn't been announced yet. Keep checking the event's Facebook page for locations and more information.
Shop Small Bus Trip
If you want to kick back, relax and let someone else chauffeur you around to different shops in Hendricks County, act quickly to snag a ticket for the Shop Small Bus Trip Nov. 24 starting at 9 a.m.
Tickets for the bus trip are $30 and can be purchased at Tiffany's Boutique in Avon, Michele's or Ella Mae's in Brownsburg or Sweet M's Boutique in Plainfield.
Participants will receive a swag bag, light breakfast, lunch, drinks and a chance to win prizes. Stops include Brick & Belle, Sweet M's Boutique, Tiffany's Boutique, Caroline's Boutique/Core Threads, Ella Mae's Boutique, Younique Culture, Shabby Rack, Michele's Boutique and Laynee's Boutique.
The two buses will leave promptly from the old Kmart parking lot in Brownsburg at 9:30 a.m. and will return there at 5:30 p.m.
Danville Shops on the Square special promotions
Many shops on the Hendricks County Courthouse Square in Danville will open at 9 a.m. for Shop Small Saturday, and several will have special offers and discounts. Some shops offering special promotions include the following:
- Gallery on the Square will have various sales and specials all day.
- Danville Florist & Gifts will will offer 30 percent off all Christmas items.
- Seize the Night Designs will host a reclaim and rethread pop-up shop and will also offer several discounts and specials including 15 percent off all purses, bags and clutches, 30 percent off all shoes, 15 percent off all bottoms (jeans, moto and leggings), $12 blanket scarves, 10 percent off all pre-made jewelry (does not include custom orders), $10 door buster boutique items and a free shop small bag with purchase while supplies last.
- The Watermelon Patch will have buy-one, get-one 50 percent off on all Melissa & Doug brand items and 50 percent off all maternity clothing.
- Forget Me Nots will offer Anchor Hocking cake stands wrapped and ready to go for $10 and free four-piece set of Live Edge coasters or barn wood coasters with a minimum $50 purchase.
- Smokey Fireside Creations will sell drizzle melts and soaps for $6 and blanket scarves for $15.
With all of these deals, I hope you (and I) will be able to finish a lot of our Christmas shopping on Shop Small Saturday. Happy shopping!