- I have learned the blessing of gaining a whole new family.
- I have learned to accept the fact that it might rain that day, and if so, nothing will work out as I have planned except for the very best thing: I will marry Jason.
- I have learned to shower a bride with love and generosity because others in my life have humbled me with their kindness.
- I have learned to adjust my expectations of the perfect wedding day to something that is manageable and meaningful. I must admit it differs from the wedding I planned as a girl with Barbie as bride and Ken as her groom, driving into the sunset in their pink convertible.
- Lastly, I have learned greater patience and time management...quite a valuable asset, as I have to accomplish my entire "to do" list in the next 30 days!
The Perfect Hendricks County Wedding - Lessons Learned
Wednesday, May 23, 2012 11:00 PM by JinAyla Sexton
Editor’s Note: This is the third in a series of posts this summer following local couple JinAyla Sexton and her fiance Jason Bollman as they prepare for their wedding on June 23. The couple wanted to keep everything local and utilize the free resources we have available at the Hendricks County Convention and Visitors Bureau to plan their wedding. They are an example of how we can help future brides and grooms prepare for their big day. Well, here we are! In just one month, I will be saying my vows and beginning this new journey in life. This season of engagement has been an irreplaceable time, and I have learned so much.