- Go for a swim. There’s still time for water park fun. Visit Splash Island in Plainfield on Wednesday nights or on the weekends. Wet Wednesdays are from 5-9 p.m. through Sept. 2. You can also enjoy Splash Island on Saturdays from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and Sundays noon-6 p.m. Address: 651 Vestal Road, Plainfield
- Play mini golf or ride go-karts. Challenge your family to golf or a race on the track. Visit Just 4 Fun in Plainfield for mini golf and go-karts. My daughter loves challenging us to a great mini golf game. The fun park is open Monday-Thursday from 4-9 p.m., Friday 4-10 p.m., Saturday noon-10 p.m. and Sunday Noon-9 p.m. Address: 3650 Clarks Creek Road, Plainfield
- Go to the park. Hendricks County has several great parks. My family spends a lot of time enjoying the parks. You will find great places for biking, hiking, picnics, playgrounds and more. Be sure to check out our post on best picnic spots and best playgrounds.
- Enjoy a cool treat. What’s summer without ice cream? There are plenty of great places to get a cool treat. A local favorite is Frost Bite in Avon. Popular choices are the chocolate frosts and shakes. For suggestions on where to go, read our post on cool treats.
- Attend the U.S. Nationals. The National Hot Road Association (NHRA) holds their biggest event at Lucas Oil Raceway in Brownsburg Aug. 28-Sept. 2. So, if you love racing, be sure to check out this family-friendly event. Before you go, read our Insider Tips.
Top 5 Activities Before Summer Ends
Sunday, August 11, 2013 11:31 PM by Jennifer Donovan