- Flap Jacks – 633 E. Main St., Brownsburg and 414 W. Main St., Plainfield – Flap Jacks received the most mentions on Facebook. There are two locations in Hendricks County in Brownsburg and Plainfield. Be sure to check out their made-from-scratch buttermilk pancakes that can be topped with blueberries, strawberries or cinnamon apples.
- Emmy’s Pancake House & Grill – 7508 Beechwood Centre Road, Avon – I had never been to Emmy’s until I saw the reaction we received to this breakfast hot spot. The same day we asked the Facebook question, I decided I had to check it out and have breakfast for lunch. I can see why it’s a favorite. The portions were huge, and the pancakes were delicious.
- The Bread Basket Café & Bakery – 46 S. Tennessee St., Danville – This is one of my personal favorites. Start your day in this house turned café in Danville. Some of their favorite items include cinnamon roll French toast, omelettes, biscuits and sausage gravy and freshly baked bread. Everything is prepared in house, and produce is organic and local whenever possible.
- Cinnamon Rooster – 8107 E. U.S. 36, Avon – If you love cinnamon rolls, then you have to try the Cinnamon Rooster in Avon. Their specialty is Colossal Cinnamon Rolls. But you can also get homemade omelettes and other breakfast items. If you have a child, they may want to try the hot chocolate. My daughter loves their hot chocolate served with whipped cream.
- Courthouse Grounds – 65 S. Washington St., Danville - One thing I always need with my breakfast is coffee. At Courthouse Grounds, on the square in Danville, you can get a great cup of coffee to go along with a great breakfast. Breakfast choices include spinach quiche, pancakes and biscuits and sausage gravy.
Top 5 Breakfast Spots in Hendricks County
Tuesday, July 30, 2013 11:25 PM by Jennifer Donovan