- Zumba: This class involves upbeat music (such as Latin, hip-hop or contemporary) and synchronized dancing. "Dancing" probably sounds terrifying to most people but you will be having so much fun dancing and trying to keep up that no one will notice your moves, and YOU won't notice how much exercise you're getting until afterward!
- Mat Pilates: If you want to be "long and lean," you need to try this Pilates class. Pilates is different than a lot of fitness classes because it focuses on core stabilization - which is more about strengthening abdominal and back muscles than sweating to achieve an intense workout.
- Yoga: Yoga focuses on building strength, increasing flexibility and reducing stress. It's not only a great workout - the class can also help you deal with the "daily grind" by teaching you proper breathing and concentration techniques.
- Spin: Spinning will get your heart pumping in no time. Although I have never done this class, many of my friends have and said that while it's a hard workout, the results are well worth it. During the 45-minute class, you will experience simulated climbs, hills and jumps. (24-hour sign-up is required for this class, and it's a $5 fee for no call or no show.)
- Total Body Sculpt: This body-toning class features a variety of exercises and equipment that focus on abs, glutes and more. This class is for both advanced and beginners as all exercises include a modification.
I would definitely recommend giving Totally HIP Fitness a try - even without a Groupon, their prices are extremely reasonable. It's just $8 for a single class, and punch cards are available for $50 (ten classes) or $85 (20 classes). They also offer unlimited monthly packages and your first class is FREE.Check out Totally HIP Fitness at 1630 E. Northfield Drive, Suite 100, or on their Facebook page! Have a favorite fitness class? Share by commenting below!