Santa has officially hit celebrity status at our house. My 5-year-old daughter has already mailed him her wishlist: A DinoTrux Mega Chompin' Ty Rux, which leaves us only six weeks to listen to her repeat this wish over and over and over again.
I joke, but in all honesty it is fun to see her excitement build. Once she meets Santa, it will only increase.
Thankfully, Hendricks County has many options to choose from to see Jolly Ol' Saint Nick from the traditional sit-on-Santa's-lap-and-express-your-wishes to Breakfast with Santa to Paint with Santa to Santa with Ponies.
It may seem early to provide this list, but some of these need reservations. Be sure to click on the links provided for each one for additional information such as times, cost and whether you need reservations so you don't miss the one your child(ren) will like the best.
November 21 & 28
- Christmas at the Orchard: Like a scene from a classic holiday movie, Beasley's Orchard in Danville creates an old-fashioned Christmas in a rustic barn with a stone fireplace and festive decor all around. Kids can visit Santa while he sits in his antique sleigh.
- Christmas on the Square, Danville: A family tradition for many Hendricks County families including our own. This is the Friday after Thanksgiving and kicks off the holiday season for us all. Mr. Claus is typically joined by Mrs. Claus for a unique treat!
- Winterland Christmas Light Show: A MUST do - at least once this holiday season. Drive around Ellis Park in Danville and see hundreds of light displays. Visit Santa in the train station on any Friday, Saturday or Sunday night through Dec. 30.
- Avon Town Hall Tree Lighting Ceremony: Pictures with Santa. Donations accepted for Project Angel.
- Breakfast with Santa at Arbuckle Acres Park organized by the Brownsburg Lions Club.
- Breakfast with Santa at Danville Middle School organized by Danville Tri Kappa.
- Christmas Under the Stars: This nighttime parade on Main Street in Brownsburg culminates with Santa riding in on the last float to meet with children, get wishlists and pose for pictures inside Brownsburg Town Hall.
- Cookies and Cocoa at the Ranch organized by Natural Valley Ranch in Brownsburg.
- uPaint Santa and Me at uPaint Pottery Studio in Plainfield.
- Musical Breakfast with Santa at Brownsburg West Middle School organized by band and orchestra parents.
- Santa at Brownsburg Meadows Assisted Living: I've heard live reindeer will be here too!
- Christmas in Scamahorn Park, Pittsboro. Visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus.
December 11 & 12
- Christmas with Santa and the Ponies: This one is on our must-do list this year. Hosted by Strides to Success in Plainfield which provides Equine Assisted Learning and Equine Assisted Therapy for many populations.
- Old Fashion Christmas at North Salem (Dec. 11 only): Tractor rides with Santa.
- Lunch with Mrs. Clause at Rockstar Pizza in Brownsburg (Dec. 12 only): Bring letters for Santa for her to take back to the North Pole.
- uPaint Santa and Me at uPaint Pottery Studio in Plainfield (Dec. 12 only).
- Sensory Santa Experience at Washington Township Park in Avon. Pictures with Santa in a calm environment for kids with special needs.
- Holiday in the Park at Washington Township Park. Breakfast with Santa.
- Pictures with Santa at the Richard A. Carlucci Recreation & Aquatics Center in Plainfield.
With this long list, it's clear that Santa loves Hendricks County! Where will you visit Santa this year?