It's the most wonderful time of the year! It’s time to shop until you drop and chalk it up to gift-giving.
Hendricks County, Indiana, has a wide range of stores making it easy to find all of the gifts you need this holiday season.
Visit Hendricks County for an 11th consecutive year has scoured the county to bring you their One-of-a-Kind Finds Holiday Gift Guide, your key to discovering the most creative local gifts of the season. This year's gift guide features a mix of unique gifts from locally owned shops as well as experiences. There is truly something for everyone!
We encourage you to visit each featured shop in person to uncover even more gift ideas beyond what's highlighted in the guide. Consider making it a family outing and enjoy some festive holiday activities while you're at it.
With so many shops to choose from, you're sure to find a truly unique gift for your loved ones. To make shopping easy, we have a list of gifts and shops organized by category below. Each category will list a few specific locations and gifts, but you can plan your own holiday shopping experience by clicking on each link.
Our boutiques range from furniture and home decor to clothes and consignment shops. Here are some local must-visits:
- Ella Mae’s -- This sweet Brownsburg boutique is in the center of town. While it’s a tad off the beaten path as far as shopping goes, it’s worth a visit. You can find stylish clothing and accessories like hats, boots, belts and other winter items for teenagers to seniors. If you are shopping on a budget, be sure to check out their under-$20 section for affordable gifts such as sandals, socks, jewelry and hats.
- Younique Culture -- Nominated as one of the Best Overall Boutiques in Indiana by Boutiques Daily, this Plainfield shop carries clothing for men and women of all ages. You’ll also find a variety of affordable accessories featuring the latest fashion trends. Their Indiana line is perfect for homegrown Hoosier and Midwest residents.
- Michele’s Boutique & Gifts -- This specialty shop in Brownsburg features a wide array of fashionable apparel, fine jewelry, accessories and more. Brands such as Vera Bradley, Simply Southern and Brighton make it a great place to find the perfect gift.
- Mary & Martha -- The perfect mix between a bog box and a discount store in downtown Brownsburg, Mary & Martha has a diverse range of gift options at various price points including accent furniture, accessories, candles, vases, throw pillows and framed art.
For a complete list of all our boutiques, click here.
Antiques & Vintage
Antique and vintage shopping has always been a niche hobby for many people. In recent years, Hendricks County has added a wide variety of these vintage and antique shops! The great part is there are so many different types: from furniture to decor to toys and everything in between.
Here are a few of my favorites:
- Gilley’s Antique and Decorator Mall -- This Plainfield antique and craft mall features 350 booths and showcases! Inside you'll find 37,000 square feet of antiques, vintage, collectables, salvage, repurposed items, home decor, lighting, vinyl and much more!
- Copper Top Customs -- This is a unique shop in Clayton with a large array of antiques, custom, re-purposed, handcrafted, arts and salvage. In addition to antiques, you'll find home decor, furniture, books and women's clothing.
- Roots to Wings Barn Market -- Featuring an eclectic mix of handcrafted items including re-purposed furniture and decorator pieces made by various local artists, a trip through this Brownsburg warehouse/showroom provides a different experience every time.
- Outta the Shed -- This Plainfield shop offers an older spin on their items and carries primitive products. That means the items, commonly from the 1800s American country, include handmade tables, desks, dressers and chairs before the era of mass production.
For a complete list of all our antique and vintage stores, click here.
Not everyone loves holiday shopping, but we have the perfect way to get your shopping done while spending time with your family and friends – a do-it-yourself gift! Hendricks County has multiple DIY studios where you can create meaningful holiday gifts with loved ones making it a perfect two-for-one deal.
Some of our favorites are listed below but you may find some other fun options in this video:
- The Tie Dye Lab -- You can make a mess doing tie dye at home or visit the Tie Dye Lab in Avon! This all-inclusive, do-it-yourself experience is perfect for individuals and groups. You can color T-shirts, hats, socks, bandannas or other attire, and the process is easy and mess-free. This place is not just for kids either. you can enjoy a mom’s night out, host a birthday party or enjoy a date night.
- uPaint Pottery Studio -- This paint-your-own pottery studio in Plainfield brings out your creative side. All ages and skill levels, individuals and groups, are welcome to create art out of dinnerware, mugs, home decor and kids’ items. Anything here would make an awesome Christmas gift.
- Board & Brush -- This Brownsburg DIY workshop allows visitors of all abilities to build their own wood signs with guided instruction in a relaxed environment. It’s perfect for any friend or family outing, and you leave with a beautiful, personalized piece you can keep at your house or give as a gift.
- Gallery On the Square -- Located on the historic downtown square in Danville, this shop features craft items, paintings and sculptures handmade in Indiana and hand-selected for their authentic Hoosier flair. Want to try it yourself? The Gallery hosts demonstrations and workshops.
- Sweet Minis Cakes and Bakes -- Newly renovated in Brownsburg, Sweet Minis offers classes for youth through adults, from drop-in courses to a four-week class that covers brownies, cookies, biscuits and cupcakes. There are also options for one-on-one courses, teaching students how to make buttercream icing, bake, frost and decorate their own mini cake. In 2024, Sweet Minis will continue to grow course options, including DIY opportunities for ladies’ night, couples’ night and other groups to learn more about cake decorating.
For a complete list of all our DIY studios, click here.
Click the link above for a larger list of all that’s offered at The Shops at Perry Crossing. Dress for the weather as it’s an outdoor mall, but don’t let that deter you. You can grab a hot drink while you mosey or even buy a new coat and hat.
- National Brand Stores – This is the perfect place to hit all the big chain stores in one stop. Stores at the outdoor mall include American Eagle, Barnes & Noble, Bath & Body Works, Dick’s Sporting Goods, DSW Shoes, JCPenney, Old Navy, Zales and many more.
- Restaurants – There are plenty of places to get grub to fuel your holiday shopping. If you want more of a fine dining atmosphere, stop by Stone Creek Dining Company for a menu of entrees headlined by steaks, seafood, chicken and chops. For more of a family environment, BRU Burger Bar offers a fun-filled atmosphere. Don’t forget to stop and get dessert at Orange Leaf or Schakolad Chocolate Factory.
- Entertainment – Need a real break? Kick back and catch a movie at the movie theater right in the middle of Perry Crossing. Also check their website for community events, such as meeting Santa Claus during the holidays. X-Golf Plainfield is home to the most innovative and accurate golf simulator in the world. Amenities include seven simulators and a full sports bar. Keep your eyes open for the new LumberjAXE, a local premier axe-throwing facility set to open in November.
Park along the Square and make a day of it. Drift in and out of boutiques, dine at local eateries or grab coffee with your friends as you shop.
There’s plenty more than the list below so make sure you check our website or the video below for all that’s offered on the Historic Hendricks County Courthouse Square.
- Shop – The Square is a great place to meander through multiple shops in one visit. Seize the Night Designs and Forget-Me-Nots are located here if you like to tootle around local small-town shops.
- Eat – The nationally-recognized Bread Basket Cafe and Bakery is just a couple of blocks from the square. Stop in for delicious, homemade breakfast or lunch dishes or simply enjoy one of their amazing made-from-scratch desserts. You can grab donuts at Red’s any morning or stop in for pizza at Two Guys Pies. And you can't leave Danville without enjoying a meal at our nostalgic Mayberry Cafe.
- Local Coffee – Our locally-owned Beehive is a cozy dining spot that offers locally-sourced foods and tasty breakfast and lunch items as well as a full espresso and tea bar. Their Beehive Market offers homegrown food products as well as unique gifts made by local artists. Another coffee hangout, Court House Grounds, can also be found on the square and provides great ambiance and food.
- Entertainment – Stop into the historic Royal Theater to catch a family-friendly movie. If it's a Friday or Saturday afternoon, you will want to check out the Hendricks County Historical Museum just a block south of the square.
For a complete list of Downtown Danville shops, click here.
Hopefully, you now have plenty of ideas to plan a shopping experience in Hendricks County this holiday season. For even more ideas and inspiration, check out the Visit Hendricks County Holiday Gift Guide.