Collection of Information
Use of Information
Visit Hendricks County uses your Personal Information for the following purposes: to process your orders and administer your account; to administer and improve the Site and related services; to notify you of our products, services, promotional events or special offers that may be of interest to you; to provide Internet security; and to meet legal requirements. Visit Hendricks County may work with our business partners who may perform certain functions on our behalf, such as fulfilling orders, sending email messages, managing data, processing credit card payments or providing customer service. These business partners have access to your Personal Information only to the extent necessary to perform these specific functions and may not use it for any other purpose. Other than for the specific purposes set forth in this Policy, we will not disclose your Personal Information unless we obtain your prior consent or are legally required to do so. We may use third-party advertising companies to place ads on the Site and to place our ads on other web sites. These companies may use Anonymous Information about your visits to this and other web sites to provide advertisements on the Site and other sites about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If Visit Hendricks County is involved in the sale of a substantial portion of its business assets, Anonymous or Personal Information may be among the transferred assets.
Restrictions on Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
Visit Hendricks County will only send personally identifiable information about you to other companies, agencies, or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We are required to do so by law, subpoena, court order or legal process; or
- The use of personal information available on Visit Hendricks County web site is regulated in accordance with Indiana Code (IC) 5-14-3-3(f), which, in part, provides that "names and addresses may not be disclosed by [the county] to commercial entities for commercial purposes and may not be used by commercial entities for commercial purposes."
Public Disclosure and Open Records Law
- Visit Hendricks County is required to maintain many documents under the Indiana Access to Public Records Act for archival and historical purposes; however, it does not collect personal information for any purpose other than to respond to you or for other purposes required by law.
- When you provide personally identifiable information to Visit Hendricks County to receive requested specialized services, such information is handled as it would be on an in-person visit to a government office, and subject to the laws, regulations, practices, and procedures of the respective agency.
- Some governmental agencies may already have, or may acquire, personally identifiable information through the normal functions of government. Indiana law governs the use of this information under the Indiana Public Records Act. If state or federal law treats information as public domain, a state agency may choose to make the record available through Visit Hendricks County, in much the same manner as the agency would make a record available to a member of the public who visits the agency in person.
Privacy of Children
Visit Hendricks County encourages parents and guardians to be aware of and participate in their children's online activities. We strictly adhere to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act and will not knowingly collect, use or disclose Personal Information from any child under the age of 13 in any manner that violates this law.
When you visit the Site, Visit Hendricks County or a third-party advertiser may store or recognize some information on your computer in the form of a "cookie" or similar file that can help us in many ways. For example, cookies allow us to tailor the Site to better match your interests and preferences. With most Internet browsers or other software, you can erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions to learn more about these functions. If you reject cookies, functionality of the Site may be limited, and you may not be able to take advantage of many of the Site's features. Visit Hendricks County discourages the use of Web cookies on its Web sites.
Changes to this Policy
Visit Hendricks County has approved this policy. Visit Hendricks County may, however, revise this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our pages. This is a statement of policy and should not be interpreted as a contract of any kind.
Last Updated: May 13, 2014