Hendricks County Rib-Fest & Balloon Glow
- The 2020 Hendricks County Rib Fest & Balloon Glow has been cancelled. Instead, Avon will have a fireworks celebration on Saturday, July 4, 2020. The Hendricks County Rib Fest & Balloon Glow 2021 will be back on June 26, 2021 at the Hendricks County 4-H Fairgrounds in Danville, IN.
- The Rib Run 5k has been moved to July 4th and may have both an in-person and virtual option in 2020.
One of the best events of the summer in Central Indiana occurs the last Saturday in June every year when the Hendricks County Rib-Fest & Balloon Glow lights up the town with the illumination of festive hot air balloons and fireworks after dark.
The event kicks off with the Rib-Run 5k in the morning and ends with fireworks in the evening. Don't forget to bring your blankets and chairs so you can kick back enjoy all the fun!
- Event Date: The 2020 event has been canceled, though the Rib Run (at 8 a.m.) & fireworks (after dusk) have been moved to July 4.
- Address: Kingsway Christian Church, 7981 E. County Road 100 North, Avon, IN 46123
- Parking: In the church parking lot
- Cost: Free
- Contact: Avon Chamber of Commerce, (317) 272-4333
- More Information: Website
It wouldn’t be a Rib-Fest without ribs, so that is the headliner, but other barbecue meats and sides are available. In addition, civic groups usually get in on the action providing elephant ears, strawberry shortcake sundaes and other fair favorites. All of the food and drinks are purchased with tickets that you can buy at the designated ticket tents when you arrive.
A full schedule of local bands keep the main stage rocking during the entire event.