Hendricks County Rib-Fest & Balloon Glow
One of the best events of the summer in Central Indiana occurs the last Saturday in June every year when the Hendricks County Rib-Fest & Balloon Glow lights up the town with the illumination of festive hot air balloons and fireworks after dark.
The event kicks off with the Rib-Run 5k in the morning and ends with fireworks in the evening. Don't forget to bring your blankets and chairs so you can kick back enjoy all the fun!
- Event Date: June 27, 2020
- Address: Hendricks County 4-H Fairgrounds, 1900 E. Main St. Danville, IN 46122
- Parking: Enter off County Road 200 East at Gate 5
- Cost: Parking is $5 per vehicle and admission is free
- Contact: Avon Chamber of Commerce, (317) 272-4333
- Mobile App: The Hendricks County Rib Fest app features the schedule of events, maps for parking, menus, pricing of vendors and the location of all aspects of the event.
It wouldn’t be a Rib-Fest without ribs, so that is the headliner, but other barbecue meats and sides are available. In addition, civic groups usually get in on the action providing elephant ears, strawberry shortcake sundaes and other fair favorites. All of the food and drinks are purchased with tickets that you can buy at the designated ticket tents when you arrive.
A full schedule of local bands keep the main stage rocking during the entire event.