Hendricks County Rib-Fest & Balloon Glow
One of the best events of the summer in Central Indiana occurs the last Saturday in June every year when the Hendricks County Rib-Fest & Balloon Glow lights up the Hendricks County 4-H Fairgrounds with the illumination of festive hot air balloons and fireworks after dark.
The event kicks off with the Rib-Run 5k in the morning and ends with fireworks in the evening. Don't forget to bring your blankets and chairs so you can kick back and enjoy all the socially distanced fun.
- Event Date: June 26, 2021
- Schedule: Event starts at 4 p.m. | Rib Run begins at 8 a.m. | Fireworks will start after dusk.
- Address: Hendricks County 4-H Fairgrounds; 1900 E Main St, Danville, Indiana 46122
- Parking: $5; enter Gate 5 off North Country Road 200 East
- Event Admission: Free
- Contact: Avon Chamber of Commerce, (317) 272-4333
- More Information: Website | App
It wouldn’t be a Rib-Fest without ribs, so that is the headliner, but other barbecue meats and sides are available. In addition, civic groups usually get in on the action providing elephant ears, strawberry shortcake sundaes and other fair favorites. All the food and drinks are purchased with tickets that you buy at the designated ticket tents when you arrive.
A DJ will play tunes and take requests via the Hendricks County Rib-Fest App.
A balloon glow occurs at dusk proceeding a fireworks display. Special appearances will be made by Finley the Flying Fish and Pig.
The popular 5K Rib Run has become a favorite and will kick off the event at the Hendricks County Fairgrounds.
The Hendricks County Rib-Fest encourages social distancing and wearing masks when not eating or drinking. There will be hand sanitizer stations throughout the event.