Visit Hendricks County in Danville, Indiana is currently accepting resumes for the following position:
Full time position with benefits
VHC is hiring a new staff member to perform the sales and marketing required to solicit and book group business and events for the destination, resulting in increased lodging occupancy and destination exposure. Additionally, they will provide conference services to clients to position Hendricks County as a diverse and vibrant destination for meetings and special events.
- Develop and maintain contacts using familiarization tours, sales blitzes, sales calls, trade shows, memberships, and other tools with corporate and association meeting planners and event planners to present the advantages of visiting Hendricks County.
- Generate and send sales leads and/or service requests to lodging facilities and attraction/event venues advising them of dates, requirements, and other pertinent information for potential business and follow up with clients and industry partners regarding the business.
- Host onsite inspections and familiarization tours highlighting area lodging locations, facilities, attractions, and community aspects of interest to potential clients and/or any interested parties that will benefit the Hendricks County economy.
- Effectively work to make clients feel welcome by gathering, preparing, and distributing amenities as needed. Coordinate client gifts and deliver VHC collateral to groups in addition to determining client service needs such as custom name badges, lanyards, promotional items, and support staff.
- Promote the destination to the wedding market and gatherings including lead management, trade shows, vendor data management and more. Schedule volunteers and staff to work wedding shows as needed.
- Research and learn how best to grow additional market segments for Hendricks County.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as Business, Hospitality and Tourism or equivalent experience
- Well versed on Hendricks County and its tourism community
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail, problem-solver, possess leadership skills
- Must be able to utilize a database and be well-versed using technology and social media daily
- Flexible and able to adjust to changing conditions and circumstances
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Must be able to travel as job demands
This is a full-time, exempt position with excellent benefits including a highly competitive medical, vision and life insurance package. 40-hour work week with 20% remote; a flexible work environment with smart business casual attire. Technology reimbursement plan, remote work stipend, and YMCA membership cost share available in addition to a competitive salary. Please email a cover letter and resume by 5:00 PM EST on June 3rd, 2022 to:
Sales Manager Applicants
Visit Hendricks County
Jaime Bohler Smith, Executive Director
The Hendricks County Convention and Visitors Bureau, Inc. d/b/a Visit Hendricks County attracts visitors to the county by promoting and developing tourism, which stimulates economic growth and enhances quality of life. Find us on Facebook at Facebook.com/VisitHendricksCounty and become a fan for updates and reminders, contest info and much more. You can also follow us on Twitter @HendricksCounty or get updates by following or subscribing to our tourism blog at VisitHendricksCounty.com/blog. For more information, visit our website at VisitHendricksCounty.com or call (317) 718-8750.