The Importance of Tourism
Situated in central Indiana, just west of Indianapolis, Hendricks County is steadily growing as a tourism destination. With visitors spending $263 million dollars in 2016 and 5,130 tourism jobs, it is an important industry for the county.
Along with the great economic benefits of tourism, traveling benefits us as humans. Project: Time Off, led by the U.S. Travel Association, shows the effects on healthy aging, the importance of using paid time-off to be a more productive employee and the need to build relationships with your family through vacations.
Learn more about the importance of Hendricks County Tourism through the following attachments:
- 2017 Economic Impact Infographic
- 2017 Economic Impact of Tourism in Hendricks County by Rockport Analytics
- Hendricks County Innkeepers Tax Form (Updated 08-2018)
- 2017 Visit Hendricks County Annual Report
- 2016 Economic Impact Infographic
- 2016 Economic Impact of Tourism in Hendricks County by Rockport Analytics
- 2016 Visit Hendricks County Annual Report
- 2015 Visit Hendricks County Annual Report
- 2007 AICVB Tourism Commerce in Indiana: Economic Analysis of the Innkeeper's Tax