Winter in Central Indiana can sometimes be pretty miserable. But we have gotten really good at making our indoor spaces mimic fun in the sun all through the cold winter months!
Hendricks County not only boasts 28 hotels, vacation rentals and bed and breakfasts, but a whopping 15 offer awesome indoor pools! I've put together a list of my five favorite hotels with indoor pools along with a complete list of every Hendricks County hotel with an indoor pool.
If you’re coming to visit us in Hendricks County, check out these hotels so your family can have some fun in the pool as you enjoy our destination. We have also included COVID closures or restrictions for your convenience.
The first thing that jumped out at me with this pool was the handicap access. There is a lift on the side of the pool for those who need assistance. I love the inclusion this encourages.
Any and all families can stay here comfortably and have fun in the process. Pool is open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. and time must be scheduled at the front desk.
While most hotel pools are roughly the same, I love hotels that add a little style. The bright colors and greenery that surround this pool definitely give it a beach feel! Who doesn’t love that in the dead of winter?
This hotel celebrated a grand reopening last summer after major renovations both inside and out including refreshing its pool area, which really shows.
There are lounge chairs as well as tables and chairs to allow for waterfront relaxation. Beat the chill and gray of an Indiana winter and enjoy some time with your family in this beach-esque pool. There can only be 15 patrons in the pool area at a time. Swim time must be scheduled at the front desk, and your temperature will be taken before entering the pool area.
This pool is surrounded by greenery and lounge chairs. A low step lines the wide entrance of the pool, a perfect spot to perch while your kids go nuts.
There are no COVID restrictions at this location, so float in the warm water of this indoor pool or join your adult friends in the jacuzzi to wind down after a long day.
This pool is by far one of my favorites. The high, vaulted ceilings with exposed beams makes this pool feel like its tucked away in a mountain cabin.
The cozy feel of this pool area will only add to your relaxation and warmth as you let the kids get all their energy out from a long car ride or if you just want to wind down with your special someone. There can be no more than 25 people in the pool area at one time.
This pool also has some added style. As seen in the featured photo at the top of this story, window planters, floor to ceiling windows, and a fountain make this pool feel more like a Roman bath. There can only be 10 people in the pool area at one time.
When you’re coming our way this winter, consider the pools our hotels have to offer. Add a little extra something to your stay by making sure your family is making memories, even in your downtime.
In addition to the five hotels above, you can also splash away at these locations that also boast indoor pools:
- Comfort Inn Avon - Temporarily Closed
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Avon - Pool open; one room of patrons in pool area at a time
- Comfort Suites Brownsburg - Pool open; five patrons in pool area at a time, masks required if not in pool
- Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis/Brownsburg - Pool open by reservation only; book at front desk
- Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport/Plainfield - Pool open with no restrictions.
- Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites - Pool is open with no restrictions.
- Comfort Inn Airport Plainfield - Pool open to 10 or less patrons, masks required when not swimming
- Embassy Suites Hotel & Conference Center - Pool open with staff oversight
- LaQuinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport Plainfield - Pool open with patron limit at 15 or less
- Wingate by Wyndham Indianapolis Airport Plainfield - Pool will open on Feb. 19 with no restrictions.